Welcome to Appy Astros, a blog dedicated to following current & former Greeneville Astros, the Appalachian League affiliate of the Houston Astros. Here you will find reports on current G-Stros, updates on the development of former G-Stros and occasionally an update on what has happened to the guys who have hung up their spikes.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Correa Ready To Be Healthy & Warm

Though I mourned the move or the class A affiliate from Lexington, the Quad Cities newspaper has been a pleasant surprise.  The continually put out solid features on River Bandit players. That is something I haven't seen since the Avalanche left Salem and went to Lancaster to be the Jethawks.

Today's feature is on 2012 G-Stro Carlos Correa.  In the feature we learned that Carlos Correa has struggled with staying healthy this season.
A back injury suffered while making a diving stop a little over a week into the season kept him off the field for a couple of days in mid-April, but he is now sidelined by a bone bruise suffered when he was struck by a pitch near his right wrist during an April 30 game against Great Lakes.
“It’s been a tough start, not being able to compete,’’ Correa said. “Just when I felt like things were starting to get better, then I was hit by the pitch and now I’m out again. That has been tough.’’
 I would encourage you to check out the rest of the piece as there is much more good stuff there.

He was also featured in a piece on MILB.com today.  Amoung other things, he talks about experiencing real cold for the first time.
"I've never experienced the cold," Correa said of his early struggles. "I'm trying to work as hard as I can and do the best I can for my team. It's been very challenging, but I know I have to fight through adversity."

Transaction News
Rio Ruiz has been activated off the DL in Quad Cities and Jamaine Cotton has been assigned to QC from extended spring training.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment