Welcome to Appy Astros, a blog dedicated to following current & former Greeneville Astros, the Appalachian League affiliate of the Houston Astros. Here you will find reports on current G-Stros, updates on the development of former G-Stros and occasionally an update on what has happened to the guys who have hung up their spikes.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

MLB Post Season Awards

Normally, I keep my post to the Greeneville Astros, their alumni and the Astros farm system.  However, as a member of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance, I get the opprotunity to put in my two cents in post season awards the group gives out.  So here are my thoughts on who deserves the hardware from the 2011 season. Not going into justifications, just putting the names out there. (edit - 10/7/11 - was just told I needed to change my ballot to make it NL only - which made it much tougher but here they are.)

Connie Mack Award (top manager): I get to nominate three guys here.
1. Kirk Gibson
2. Ron Roenicke
3. Clint Hurdle

Willie Mays Award (top rookie): I get to nominate three here as well.
1. Craig Kimbrell
2. Freddie Freeman
3. Dillon Gee

Goose Gossage Award (top reliever): once again three names.
1. Craig Kimbrell
2.  John Axford
3.  Johnny Venters
Walter Johnson Award (top pitcher): I get to expand to five names here
1. Clayton Kershaw
2. Roy Halladay
3. Ian Kennedy
4. Cliff Lee
5. Craig Kimbrell
Stan Musial Award (top player): I get to put 10 names up here.
1. Matt Kemp
2. Ryan Braun
3. Joey Votto
4. Justin Upton
5. Prince Fielder
6. Troy Tulowitzki
7. Jose Reyes
8. Lance Berkman
9. Hunter Pence
10. Michael Morse

No comments:

Post a Comment